What to Dress Toddler In?
For Toddlers between the ages of 11 to 18 months this is a great opportunity to capture once in a lifetime memories of their personalities. We suggest elegant and classic clothing. Trousers with bracers. Dungarees?. Little dresses. You could theme the session with something like Victorian dresses and coats. Little accessories like hats and headbands are great additions.
During your time with us we often use two to three different backdrops to photography your Toddler against. We have a large range of neutral colours and natural textures to choose.
During your Toddler's Portrait Session we have lots of lovely props, baskets and crates for them to play with. For girls we have headbands and Perls and for boys, we have toys and hats. But remember its best to bring little accessories like hats and headbands to match their outfits.
Having a Cake Smash or First Birthday Photoshoot
If you are having a Cake Smash then the first 40 minutes of your Toddler's Portrait Session will be our Fine Art Session and so you will still need to bring them three changes of clothes. You will need a set of clothes for the Cake Smash. A little Tutu for girls works really well. Shorts and bracers for the boys. And don't forget to bring a lovely "Soft" creamy cake. Not a fruit cake or hard cake.
After the Cake Smash we bring out our tin bath tub for wash-time so your Toddler is clean to take home... as well as getting some cute portraits.
What to Wear for Mom, Dad & Siblings?
Ideally we suggest going for really soft clothing. We recommend keeping it light. Off-Whites, pastel colours. Keep it pain, staying away from clothing like T-Shirts with wording or bright fluorescent colours. A beautiful blouse and long flowing skirt. A simply cotton top. An oversizes shirt is great with a belt.
Think about putting your Toddler in lovely little dresses with really delicate head bands for girls. For boys a plain or check shirt and trousers with a pair of bracers you can even add a tiny hat. These little extras add a real touch of style and flair to your portraits. Mom and dad should wear neutral colours, black, white, navy, greys or soft pastel colours.
Your Session To Do List?
- Make sure your Toddler is dresses in their first outfit ready to be photographed.
- Please bring at least three outfits for your Toddler, may be even four. We may not use all fo them, however its great to have lots of choice.
- For brothers and sisters of your Toddler we suggest bringing two outfits for them.
- Bring a hair brush for baby and children as their hair can get a bit messy during the session.
- Bring a bath towel if you are having a cake smash as we do bath time after the cake smash.
- Your session will last an hour and you may need a snack for your Toddler and siblings if they are going to be part of the portrait session.
- Parents should come ready for their portraits, however we do have changing facilities and you can bring one change of clothes.
- There is a lot of electronic equipment in the studio so we ask parents, NOT to allow sibling children to run around and move equipment without the photographers permission.