What to Dress Baby In?
For babies between the ages of 6 to 10 months and sitting up on their own, this is a great opportunity to create beautiful pieces of artwork. We suggest elegant clothing. Trousers with bracers. Dungarees?. Little dresses. You can theme the session with Victorian dresses. Little accessories like hats and headbands are great additions.
During your session with us we often use two to three different backdrops to photography your baby against. We have a large range of colours and textures to use, from the traditional pinks and blues to a range of neutral colours and natural textures.
During your Baby Portrait Session we have lots of lovely props, baskets and crates to put your baby in. For girls we have headbands and Perls and for boys, we have toys and hats. But remember its best to bring little accessories like hats to match their outfits.
If your child has beautiful toys or teddies that will look gorgeous in their portraits please bring them along, however keep it to just one or two items.?
What to Wear for Mom, Dad & Siblings?
Ideally we suggest going for really soft clothing. We recommend keeping it light. Off-Whites, pastel colours. Keep it pain, staying away from clothing like T-Shirts with wording or bright fluorescent colours. A beautiful blouse and long flowing skirt. A simply cotton top. And oversizes shirt is great with a belt.
Think about putting them in lovely little dress and really delicate head band for girls. For boys a plain or check shirt and trousers with a pair of bracers you can even add a tiny hat. These little extras add a real touch of style and flair to your portraits. Mom and dad should wear neutral colours, black, white, navy, greys or soft pastel colours.
Your Session To Do List?
- Make sure baby is dresses in their first outfit ready to be photographed. At this age we can still do a few semi-naked portraits however we do these in-between outfit changes.
- Please bring at least three outfits for baby, may be even four. We may not use all fo them, however its great to have lots of choice.
- For brothers and sisters of your baby we suggest bringing two outfits for them.
- Bring a hair brush for baby and children as their hair can get a bit messy during the session.
- Your session will last an hour and you may need to feed baby during the session so please remember to bring some easy food and a snack for baby's siblings if they are going to be part of the portrait session.
- Parents should come ready for their portraits, however we do have changing facilities and you can bring one change of clothes.
- There is a lot of electronic equipment in the studio so we ask parents, NOT to allow sibling children to run around and move equipment without the photographers permission.